No, we don't do passport photos any more.

Chris retired and closed the store.

How to get a United States Passport:

Where to apply: Aiken Post Office on Laurens Street only

What it costs for first time applicants

First time adult application fees are $135. Since the passport fees and execution fees are paid separately, you will need 2 separate checks for $110 and $25.

Fees for minors age 15 and younger are $105 ($80 plus $25). Both parents must accompany a minor (age 15 and under) when applying.

What you need: New Application for a U.S. Passport. 

  • To download an application form, please click here 
  • To download the form to renew a passport by mail click here
  • Or, forms can be obtained from any passport agency or acceptance facility (such as Aiken main Post Office.)

    NOTE: Please do NOT sign the DS-11 application form until the Passport Acceptance Agent instructs you to do so

To obtain a passport for the first time, you need to go in person with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driverís license.

Youíll need to apply in person if you are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time; if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession; if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; or if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you are under 16 your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost of stolen.

You may prove U.S. Citizenship with any one of the following :

* Previous U.S. Passport ( mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as evidence of U.S. citizenship .)
* Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state

NOTE: A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrarís signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth

* Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
* Naturalization Certificate
* Certificate of Citizenship

A Delayed Birth Certificate filed more than one year after your birth may be acceptable if it:

* Listed the documentation used to create it and
* Signed by the attending physician or midwife, or, lists an affidavit signed by the parents, or shows early public records.

If you do NOT have a previous U.S. passport or a certified birth certificate, you will need :

1. Letter of No Record

Issued by the State with your name, date of birth, which years were searched for a birth record and that there is no birth certificate on file for you.

2. AND as many of the following as possible:

  • baptismal certificate
  • hospital birth certificate
  • census record
  • early school record
  • family bible record
  • doctor's record of post-natal care


    o These documents must be early public records showing the date and place of birth, preferably created within the first five years of your life.

    o You may also submit an Affidavit of Birth, form DS-10, from an older blood relative, i.e., a parent, aunt, uncle, sibling, who has personal knowledge of your birth. It must be notarized or have the seal and signature of the acceptance agent.

Checking on the progress of your passport application:  the National Passport Office's site for checking up for your already-submitted application